How To Make Gajar Ka Halwa
Hello guys welcome to onerecipes kitchen today we are telling about gajar ka halwa
Step By Step procedure of Gajar ka halwa
First pour sufficient water in the badam and soak them for 1/2 an hour.After 1/2 an hour remove the skin from the badam and place them in a separate bowl.After peeling the skin from Badam cut them into fine pieces with the help of knife.Pour sufficient water in the Pista and soak them for 1/4 an hour.After 1/4 an hour remove the skin from the pista and place them in a separate bowl.After peeling the skin from pista cut them into fine pieces with the help of knife.
Cut both the ends of carrot with the help of knife and peel the outer skin of carrot with the help of peeler.Carrot grow’s underground hence there would be mud over the carrot.So the outer part of skin has to be peeled out with the help of peeler.After peeling out all the carrots cut the carrots into small pieces.After cutting the carrot into small pieces wash the carrot pieces with clean water.Take one mixie jar and put all the washed carrot pieces into it.Grind the carrot in a mixie.Remove the carrot powder into a separate bowl.
Adding Ingredient and process to make Halwa
- For every 2 cups of carrot powder 1 cup of sugar is enough.
- Similarly for every 2 cups of carrot 2 cups of Boiled milk is required.
- Now preparing halwa take one nonstick pan, place it over the stove ad light the stove.
- Once the pan gets hot put 1 Table spoon of ghee into it.Spread the ghee all over the pan.
- First we need to fry the dry fruits before preparing carrot halwa.
- Once the ghee gets hot turn the flame to medium flame.
- Add kismis to the ghee.Mix the kismis till the ghee gets applied to all the kismis.Fry the kismis till they bulge out.Remove the bulged kismis into a bowl.
- After the kismis gets fried add cashew nuts in the pan.Fry the cashew nuts on both the sides til they turn golden brown in color.
- Remove the cashew nuts into a bowl when they turn golden brown in color.
- Now add chopped badam pieces to the ghee.Mix the badam pieces till the ghee gets applied nicely to all the pieces of badam.Fry the badam pieces till they turn light golden brown in color.
- Remove the badam pieces into a bowl when they turn light golden brown in color.
- At last add the pista pieces to the ghee.Mix the pista pieces till the ghee gets applied nicely to all the pieces of pista and fry them till they turn light brown in color.Remove the pista pieces into a bowl when they turn light brown in color.
- In the same pan add 1 table spoon of ghee.Once the ghee gets hot add the grinded carrot powder into it.
- Mix the carrot till the ghee is applied to the entire carrot powder.Once the ghee is applied to the entire carrot adjust the flame to the medium flame.
- Fry the carrot till the raw smell has gone and nice fragrance starts coming from the carrot.
- Carrot powder takes 4 – 5 minutes to get fried.
- when the carrot looses the raw smell and start giving nice fragrance pour 2 cups of boiled milk in it.Stir nicely till the fried carrot powder gets mixed with milk.Cook the carrot and milk, by stiring it nicely.Adjust the flame to high flame.
- After 2 minutes you can see the milk is getting boiled.When you see the milk is getting boiled adjust the flame to medium flame.
- If you don’t cook carrot powder and milk by stirring it nicely, there would be the chances of milk getting spoil.Hence stir the mixture nicely while cooking.
Mixing food Color
Cook the mixture till the milk gets absorbed and carrot powder turns soft.Now add 1 cup sugar to it.Mix the mixture till the sugar gets dissolves in the carrot.Now take 1 bowl and add 1 pinch of red food color.Pour some water to the food color and mix it nicely.Now add 1 spoon of food color water into the halwa, food color is optional.If you want the halwa to be colorful then add the food color else you can skip it.Now mix it nicely till the food color gets mixed with halwa.
Cook the halwa til the water gets evaporates which got released by adding sugar.Now add khoa in the halwa.If wet khoa is available add wet khoa.As wet khoa is not available with me hence i am adding sweet khoa.If you are adding sweet khoa then reduce the quantity of sugar while adding sugar in the halwa.Instead of 1 cup sugar you can add 3/4 cup of sugar in the halwa.Mix the mixture nicely till the khoa gets mixed with halwa.Mash the khoa while mixing the khoa with halwa.Because of adding khoa the carrot halwa will be tasty.Cook the halwa till the khoa melts and gets mixed nicely with halwa.Add cardamom powder when the water gets evaporated from the halwa.Mix the halwa till the cardamom powder gets mixed nicely with halwa.
If you prepare fresh cardamom powder, the halwa will be much more tasty.After adding cardamom powder add the fried dry fruits one by one.Add the fried Cashew nuts, Badam pieces, Pista pieces & Kismis.Mix the mixture till the dry fruits gets mixed with halwa.There is no such specific quantity of adding dry fruits in halwa. Depending on availability & choice we can add the dry fruits in whatever quantity we want.
Now your gajar ka halwa is ready
It would be more tasty eating halwa If there are more dry fruits in it.That set, The most delicious gajar ka halwa is ready.Now switch off the stove, take the halwa in the serving bowl and serve halwa by garnishing it with pista & badam.If we keep halwa in refrigerator we can store halwa for 1 week.