How To Make Macaroni and Cheese
Hi everyone, nomoshkar and welcome to onerecipes. Today I will show you how to make a simple and quick macaroni and cheese on the stovetop. I will make it mildly spicy. If you dont like it spicy then please check out my other cheesy white sauce pasta recipe …. This is sharp cheddar cheese ,I grated two cups of cheese. Keep the cheese out at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This prevents the cheese from curdling after it goes into the hot pan. In the meantime.
Ingredient of macaroni and cheese
- I have here a pot of boiling water .
- To it i added a teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of macaroni pasta .
- Give a stir after adding it to the boiling water.
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- My pasta takes about 8 minutes to become tender.
- Here my pan is heating on medium heat, to it
- I added a 1 ½ tablespoons of butter, as soon as the butter melts
- I added 1 tablespoon of plain flour to it.
- Stir the flour very well for a minute or two so that it gets cooked in the butter or else the sauce will taste chalky.
- Then add ½ teaspoon of paprika and stir to mix.
- Paprika is not spicy at all but it gives a nice colour.
- You can even use 1/4th teaspoon red chili powder if you want that heat.
- After that lower the heat to minimum.I have taken 1 ½ cups of cold milk.
- Add the milk a little at a time.
Step By Step producer of macaroni and cheese
Whisk it soon after adding and again add a little and mix. Remember to add the milk a little at a time and whisk immediately or else lumps will form and then you have to strain the sauce, so a little bit of patience while adding milk will save you a lot of work. Then I grated about 1/4th of a teaspoon of nutmeg. You can use nutmeg powder if you do not have whole nutmeg. Add 1/4th of a teaspoon of crushed black pepper and 1/4th teaspoon of salt.
Draining The Pasta
Add little salt now as you will be adding cheese later which is also salty. My pasta is now done, so I drained it. Before draining your pasta save little bit of that starchy water in a cup. I will give you a little tip about this at the very end of this website. Here my white sauce has just started bubbling. At this point switch off your stove.
Add the grated cheese in little portions. Adding in this way also prevents the sauce from curdling or else sometime you will see the cheese is separating from the fat. At the same time either swtich off the stove or keep the heat very low while adding the cheese. I am done adding all the cheese now Switch your stove back on to very low heat. then add the macaroni and mix everything. The sauce is also perfect , it is smooth, the cheese is also well mixed . Next comes the jalapeno. Now you can skip this part entirely. I am making this to explain and you love this. They are mild and it goes so well with mac and cheese. It’s interesting how the tastes change as the kids grow. My son never liked spicy food when he was small but now he even adds hot sauce to his rice. You can use any cheese according to your preference.I using up my sliced cheese but you can even grate some cheese on top. then I sprinkled a. little paprika on top. Cover it on very low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. 3 minutes done and see how gorgeous this looks.
Now macaroni and cheese pasta is ready to eat
Creamy, cheesy the sauce havent dried up too. Now comes the tip. If you see that your sauce has dried up a bit then remember that starchy water that we had saved earlier, add a few tablespoons of this water to loosen up your sauce. Save this starchy water if you have any leftover mac and cheese. The next day reheat the water and loosen up the macaroni with it.Try this mac and cheese in this way ,you will love it.